A week until the new year! An immediate personal plan is needed to destroy the vestiges of the previous year and prepare for the next! The summary of the year! New Year’s resolution!
The end of the year is a great opportunity to clear, tidy up, review and draw conclusions, and the term of the week perfectly regulates time and mobilizes forces. One day for one crazy achievement.
1. Give away as many extra things as possible and clean the house
Broken toys? Old equipment? Leaky socks? What you don’t need can be useful to someone, or at least not polluting the planet. Sort things, find a place for each, and take the junk to recycling centers.
2. Delete all unnecessary applications from the phone, clean the notepad, gallery and other excesses
The less the easier. Less = better. Let the vacated space in the brain be filled with creativity and brilliant ideas. E-mail, bookmarks, notebooks, lists – clean everything and start a new innocent life.
Picking a Christmas tree: live, artificial or alternative
People are just fanatical about cones and triangles, otherwise there is no way to explain it all. In recent years, however, alternative Christmas trees have been in trend. Which solution do you like?
- traditional Ukrainian didukh (what is traditional for your country?)
- decorate the existing plant in the pot in a Christmas style
- make an alternative Christmas tree from pillows, books, photos, balls of thread or other handy items, both floor and wall (you can find many interesting options on the Internet and involve children in creating a Christmas tree)
- a plastic Christmas tree (yes, it can be reused, but it’s made from materials that are difficult to separate for recycling, or not recyclable at all, like rain decorations and glittery confetti)
- live Christmas tree (indeed, now there are special plantations for growing Christmas trees, so why not enjoy the coniferous aroma for the new year? just make sure those are legal indeed. if there is no barcode or the system does not find the number, you can safely call the police. but this is not the end of the gloom – after the holidays, the Christmas tree must be properly disposed. if a tree up to two meters high ends up in a landfill, it will emit 16 kg into the atmosphere of greenhouse gases (as much as a 160 km car journey) because instead of decomposing, the tree begins to emit methane, which has a greenhouse effect 25 times stronger than carbon dioxide. If you burn a Christmas tree or turn it into sawdust, it reduces its carbon footprint by 80% Google it after the new year to find out where to drop off your Christmas tree for recycling in your city.
- plant a Christmas tree in the yard, and then decorate it every year together with the whole friendly condominium.
4. Organize files on the computer and photos for the year
If you don’t do it now, then when? Create a selection of the best photos of the year or edit a movie from them and send them to relatives and friends (this is at least some guarantee that those photos will not be lost anywhere). You can even dedicate New Year’s Eve itself to this, because it is a wonderful joint activity that will bring joy.
5. Think of a way to celebrate so that you don’t waste any food and no one is angry
Get drunk to the bone, use up all the energy and fall asleep in a salad. Is it really necessary? Maybe this year’s celebration can be a quiet craft, a board game, a delicious dessert or just a good movie by candlelight? Hold a family vote and find a healthy compromise — mental health is more expensive.
6. Make a list of books to read next year
Let’s be honest – you won’t be able to read ALL OF IT. Set a realistic goal based on your personal reading speed and preferences. Divide this number into subgroups: study, work, native, personal growth, recreation, and leave room for books that come along the way in the new year. Then put a few books in each subgroup.
7. Results and achievements of the previous year and New Year’s resolution
Even if the year was not the easiest, there was definitely something good in it. Recall what exactly, rejoice and praise yourself. If you don’t remember anything, be glad that all this is finally over and successfully leave everything in the old year. In order not to forget exactly what was good and what was achieved, keep appropriate records/diaries every day, every week or every month – it helps a lot.
For the new year, prescribe goals, including general goals for the year and sub-goals for each month and week – this is your support that will help you not lose your mind and complete something in any case.
Prepare eco-notebooks for every occasion: of course, this year you want to keep a diary of self-observation, record expenses and plan in detail. It’s not a fact that it will succeed, of course, but it’s not a sin to want, and preparations contribute to the chances. Alternatively, you can use special applications, for example, Evernote, Notion, Monify, etc.
PriNadiyi wishes you to broaden your horizons in the new year!
If there is no resource for all this, get some ideas here: